Provider Electronic Payment
If you currently receive EFT from Blue Cross
As you may know, we recently changed EFT partners as of November 2021. You do not need to re-enroll or take any action unless you have a change in your banking or other provider information (such as a change in tax identification number or name, etc.).
If your banking or provider information changes, first contact Provider Relations to have your existing EFT profile ended. Provider Relations can be contacted by email at email@example.com or phone at (888) 449-0443, option 1. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm EST, except holidays.
Once Provider Relations has been notified, follow the steps below to re-enroll in EFT.
Signing up for EFT with Blue Cross
EFT is free of charge, improves cash flow, and eliminates having to wait for paper checks.
Use this link to enroll for EFT with our partner. The website has a user's guide which we strongly encourage you to review prior to beginning the enrollment process.
Avoid Delays in Enrollment
- For security reasons, multiple information sources are used during enrollment, one of them being the National Plan & Provider Enumeration System (NPPES). Please make sure your provider information is up to date in NPPES prior to enrolling for EFT.
- A W-9 is required and will only be accepted on a current W-9 form. Download the most current W-9 form.
- For security reasons, only a practice can enroll for EFT. We do not allow 3rd party vendors to enroll in EFT on your behalf.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the support team at (877) 882-0384, Monday through Friday 9 am to 8 pm, EST for questions related to registration and enrollment.
Provider vouchers once EFT begins: Provider vouchers for electronic payments are only available through the Provider Resource Center. If you are not already signed up for the Provider Resource Center, follow the instructions in the Not Registered? link.
Payment Schedule - Holidays do not impact our payment schedule.
- Provider vouchers become available in the Provider Resource Center on Wednesdays for claims finalized during the previous week.
- EFT deposits are made on Fridays by Wells Fargo Bank for that Wednesday's provider vouchers.
Electronic remittance advice (ERA/835) - An electronic remittance advice (ERA), or 835, is the electronic equivalent of a provider voucher. ERAs are available through a clearinghouse that accepts 835 transactions.
- View our list of clearinghouses to verify that your vendor accepts 835 transactions and have a relationship with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont.
- To receive ERAs through your clearinghouse, complete an EDI 835 Enrollment E-Form, which can be found on our Forms and Resources page under the EDI Form and Guides section.
If you have questions about enrolling in electronic 835, email our team at EDITeam@bcbsvt.com.