Programs and Partnerships
We have created, support, and sponsor community programs where you can learn new skills and engage in experiences that are good for your mind and body.
Our charitable giving has enabled many local organizations to expand their activities. We encourage organizations to review our charitable giving guidelines and sponsorship application.
Below are some of the organizations Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont supported in 2022. We are pleased to provide support for these organizations and the good work they do to improve the health of Vermonters. Please note this list is representative of our contributions but may not include all the giving for a given year.
January - June 2022 Supported or Sponsored events:
- ACORN Farmacy Program
- Alzheimer's Association Reason to Hope Dinner
- American Heart Association Go Red for Women and Cycle Nation
- Burlington Partnership for a Health Community
- Community Health Center of Burlington
- Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS)
- Jr. Iron Chef event organized by Vermont Afterschool and Vermont FEED
- Boys and Girls Club of Burlington
- Girls on the Run 2022
- Howard Center's annual spring conference Vision, Visionaries, and Voices
- Lund Family Center Celebration of Families
- Multiple Sclerosis MS Walk Vermont
- Retreat Farm
- Recreation and Parks, Gritty Girls Program (Rutland Community Advisory Board inititiave)
- Stratton Community Foundation, #Shred4Nate, teen mental health and suicide prevention
- The Community Restorative Justice Center, Northeast Kingdom Community Advisory Board grant
- Vermont Walk Bike Summit
Confirmed upcoming events as of June 15th:
- Community Wellbeing Festival, hosted by Inner Space
- Cottage Hospital Tee it Up for Health Golf Tournament
- DragonHeart Vermont Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival
- Gifford Health Center Last Mile Ride
- Good Beginnings of Central Vermont Climb Out of the Darkness event
- Grace Cottage Hospital Tee it Up Golf event
- North Country Hospital; donation for the purchase of medication lock boxes to be distributed to community for those with prescriptions for controlled substances to prevent intentional or unintentional overdoses or substance abuse in children or other household members
- Prevent Child Abuse of Vermont Walk for Children
- Sustainability Academy Harvest Run
- Vermont Foundation of Recovery (VFOR) 10th annual Hank Schaefer Memorial Golf Tournament
- Vermont State Parks Forever donation to help provide free days in the parks to thousands of Vermonters including foster families, youth programs, mental health clients, the mobility-impaired, those with developmental disabilities, the BIPOC community, those in substance abuse recovery, front-line workers, new Americans, and man others who otherwise would not be able to experience all the recreation, rejuvenation, and relaxation Vermont's state parks have to offer.
- Unicef for Ukraine - Community Relations matched employee donations for a total of over $8,800
- Vermont Recreation and Parks Association, annual Track Meet in St. Johnsbury
List of Blue Cross VT events and initiatives:
- Windham County Grants; Windham County Community Advisory Board of Blue Cross VT initiative. Can supply a list of schools if interested.
- Listen Up Grants to Vermont Schools for local showings. Can supply a list of schools/grants if interested.
- Velocity After-School Program Grants; Blue Cross VT initiative. Can supply a list of participating schools if interested.
- Snow Days 2022; Blue Cross VT signature event
- Mountain Days 2022; Blue Cross VT signature event
- Hike, Bike & Paddle 2022; Blue Cross VT signature event
- Apple Days; Blue Cross VT signature event
- Wellness Revolution Burlington; Blue Cross VT initiative co-sponsored by Terry Bicycles
DEI Council and Wellness co-sponsored the following - open to employees and clients:
- Ashton Applewhite - We are all aging; taking action to end ageism.
- Mirna Valerio - Your Body is a Beautiful Work in Progress
Sustainability Committee and HR/Strive co-sponsored Charlie Nardozzi to speak about gardening - only open to employees.