Vermont Caring For Children Foundation
To advance and improve the health of all Vermonters, particularly children and teenagers, we created the Vermont Caring for Children Foundation.
The nonprofit foundation supports local nonprofit community organizations focused on health-related programs by making financial contributions, as well as providing in-kind services and volunteer support. We encourage the organizations that we support to use our grants to attract gifts or grants from other sources whenever possible.
Our foundation makes grants to organizations with programs that address the following:
- Community health care needs
- Physical activity promotion, access to healthy food and nutrition, early childhood development, prevention and treatment of chronic conditions, mental health, oral health, and substance use prevention
- Social determinants of health and reducing barriers to care
Key programs supported by the foundation:
- Girls on the Run Vermont – an afterschool program for students who identify as female in grades 3-8, which helps them build social, emotional, and physical skills.
- Velocity - an afterschool program for students who identify as male, which helps them increase self-esteem and adopt a healthy and active lifestyle.
- WEmentor – a program that offers University of Vermont students training to become a mentor, and then partners them with younger students for mentoring sessions.
To apply for a grant, please read our Vermont Caring for Children Foundation Review and Approval Process for details on the process. All organizations approaching Blue Cross VT and the Vermont Caring for Children Foundation much complete our Grant Application.
For more information about the Vermont Caring for Children Foundation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.