How to Enroll
You have options for enrolling in a health plan, and our consumer and business support services team is here to help if you need assistance or have additional questions.
Steps to Update or Enroll in a New Plan
Evaluation of Your Health Care Needs
Consider your health spending from last year. This includes:
- Health plan costs like your premium, co-pay, co-insurance, and doctor visits
- Prescription medication costs
- Your budget
- Any anticipated costs due to non-recurring medical needs
Once you have estimated your medical expenses and your budget, you can begin to review your plan options.
Review Plan Options
Use our find a plan tool to review plan details. Give careful consideration to:
- Costs – including premium, deductible, out-of-pocket limit, cost-sharing, and pharmacy benefits
- Subsidies – determine if you qualify for government subsidies through Vermont Health Connect
You can also use our comparison chart for viewing plan details.
Now that you've estimated your budget and spending and found the right plan, it's time to enroll or renew your coverage.
If you qualify for subsidies, you can enroll in our health plans through Vermont Health Connect.
If you don't qualify for subsidies or are looking to review your coverage, you have a few options for completing the enrollment process.
- Complete the appropriate online application below. You may choose Online Renewal Form if you are a current member renewing your plans and/or changing your plan. Use the Online Sign Up Form if you are new to Blue Cross, or adding/removing dependents for your plan for 2022.
- Use our interactive PDF enrollment form and submit the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing it to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont P.O. Box 186, Montpelier, VT 05601-0186
- Contact our consultants at (800) 255-4550