Maternity - Better Beginnings®
Having a baby is an exciting time, but it can also be hectic as you prepare for the new addition to your family. We’re here to help. Enrolling in our free Better Beginnings program is a great way to make sure you and your baby are getting all the care you need.
Guidance and Support During Your Pregnancy
While having an experienced nurse to support you is a huge benefit, we don’t stop there. When you join our Better Beginnings program you’ll also receive:
- $125 for educational classes. If you take classes on topics like childbirth, parenting, and breastfeeding, we’ll pay you back for class fees up to $125.
- A free breast pump. Your Better Beginnings nurse will give you the details on how to get a breast pump from us at no cost.
We’d like you to start partnering with one of our Better Beginnings nurses early in your pregnancy, to make sure you and your baby stay healthy and well as the big day gets closer. To reward you for signing up early, you can choose one of these extra benefits:
- Fitness classes -- If you take fitness classes while pregnant or up to three months after having your baby, we’ll pay you back up to $150.
- Car Seat – When you buy a car seat for your baby, we’ll pay you back up to $150.
- Help at Home – If you’d like some extra help at home after your baby is born, we’ll pay you back for a visiting helper’s services (up to $25 per hour for as much as nine hours).
You can join the Better Beginnings program in several ways:
- Download our mobile app powered by Wellframe. You can use the app to enroll. The app is available for both Apple and Android mobile devices. You will need your member ID (found on your member ID card. Reminder: only enter the letter "v" on your ID, followed by numbers only), and access code 'vtbeginonline' when prompted.
- Log into our Member Resource Center. Once logged in, go to My Forms and complete the Better Beginnings enrollment form.
- Complete the enrollment questionnaire. This helps us better understand your overall health and determine if you may be at risk for an early delivery or other pregnancy complications. You can fax the completed form to us at (866) 387-7914 or mail it to this address: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont, P.O. Box 186, Montpelier, VT 05601-0186.
We look forward to supporting the health and wellness of you and your baby through our Better Beginnings program. Be sure to enroll today to receive the most benefits! If you have any questions about the program, please call us at (800) 247-2583.
If you’ve already enrolled in the Better Beginnings program, you can use the forms below to receive the benefits you chose.
To complete the form, add your personal information, ID number, group number, and employer-based health plan status. Fill in the date of service/purchase and the amount. You can skip the boxes for Physicians and Additional information.
Type your name on the signature line and include the date, then email the completed form and your receipt to our customer service team at email@example.com. You will receive your reimbursement check in about four to six weeks.
If you would like to change the benefits you’ve selected, please contact your Better Beginnings nurse before sending us any of the above forms.